This tutorial will guide you through the basic customization of Facebook Flash templates.
1. Once you have downloaded the template and extracted the files, open ‘facebook_site‘ folder. To preview the template, open the Index.html file in the browser from ‘facebook_site‘ folder.
2. In order to edit the template content, you should modify the ‘main.xml‘ file. We recommend to use Adobe Dreamweaver software.
3. Locate the text which you want to modify and simply type your own text over the original ‘dummy text’. All the content text, company name, slogan, read more pages, button titles etc., you can edit by modifying the main.xml file.
4. In order to edit images, simply swap them out in the ‘images’ folder. Please keep the same file name, size and format.
NOTE: if you want to use different file format or name, make sure to indicate it in the "main.xml’ file.
5. Locate the <menu> section to modify the menu button text.
6. Each page is divided on sections, which holds the page title. For example, main page will look like that on ‘main.xml’ file:
<titlePage name = “main”>
Which is not an actual text and will not be visible on the published website.
7. You can assign the link to images. Using this script:
<image imageUrl=”images/image_name.jpg” link=http://yourdomain.com/>
8. Follow the same process to modify the “read more” pages content.
9. Save the file, when you are done editing and open the Index.html file to preview the changes, in the browser.
Once everything is looking nice, and you are done editing the template, upload the content of ‘facebook_site‘ folder to the server.
Keep the file structure as is.
Please click the link below to view the videoHow to edit Facebook Flash template,