After you complete this tutorial about local installation, most likely you will need a reliable remote server to install Opencart to – that’s just how life is. For this we suggest you to take advantage of a special hosting offer BlueHost has provided to our audience – $3.95/mo premium hosting plan. It has been tested by our experts and has been proved to be 100% compatible with Opencart.
In this tutorial you will learn the way to install your OpenCart engine and template on localhost
First step you need to do is to make sure the version supported. You can do it by visiting preview page and exploring “Required software” section.
Open http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=download/download and select the exact version you need.
After you download and unzip engine package you should get following files structure:
- Open folder “upload” and copy all the content to your local hosting folder: (WAMP, XAMP, LAMP and others)
Now as your engine is ready to install you need to create new database. Regularly it is accessed via PHP My Admin in your local hosting software. See your software documentation for details.
As we use WAMP username “root” with no password is automatically assigned to new database, it may differ for various localhost software
Now you need to open your theme folder, you should have similar structure
Open folder “themeXXX”, you will be able to locate 2 zip files, you need to unzip the one named “themeXXX(full).zip”. Copy all the contents of the folder to your Opencart root folder and replace files if prompted
Now you can open your website url: localhost/yourwebsitefolder and perform installation:
- Check “I agree license” and press “Continue” button
- Press continue button on the next page to move forward
- Fill in your database and admin panel details
- Now your website should be installed and work properly. Thank you for paying attention to our video tutorials. Please contact us if you have any issues in editing the template.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:OpenCart 1.5.x. How to install OpenCart engine and template on localhost,