“A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...” Do you remember this line? We bet you do! Who didn’t watch ‘Star Wars’ movies? We guess, only the deaf-and-dumb ones (sorry, if the phrase sounded abusing, we really didn’t mean to hurt anybody’s feelings). The truth is that the series enjoyed a mind-blowing popular when appeared on the screens, but the most incredible thing is that it still has plenty of fans. Are you one of them?
If you are ready to declare your love and loyalty to the movie, we are sure that you will be interested to know some curious facts about it.
- ‘Star Wars’ has made over 3.5 Billion dollars. Impressive, isn’t it?
- The original ‘Star Wars’ came out in 1977. Yes, it happened 37 years ago! Some of us even weren’t born yet!
- So far ‘Star Wars’ are considered the best saga in the history of cinema. And we believe that it’s absolutely deserved!
- Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader has been played by six different people: David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Bob Anderson (duelist), Sebastian Shaw, Jake Lloyd, and Hayden Christensen.
- "I've got a bad feeling about this" (or some variation of the phrase) is spoken in every movie.
- The only characters that appear in all the films are C3PO and R2D2.
- During ‘The Empire Strikes Back's’ famous asteroid scene, one of the deadly, hurling asteroids is actually... a potato!
- In the first draft of ‘Star Wars’, the main character was named Luke Starkiller.
- Lucas was originally going to have our heroes travel to the Wookie world Kashyyyk in ‘Return of the Jedi’ but he had to change the planet and the race in favor of the primitive species as Chewbacca was the pilot of a Spaceship. So he cut the Wookie in half and called it an Ewok.
- George Lucas was the first filmmaker to ask for and successfully retain the merchandising rights to his characters ... creating an empire of toys, T-shirts, and other movie memorabilia.
- ‘The Millenium Falcon’ was modeled after a cheeseburger, with the pickle spear sticking out of the top as the com dish.
- After the first ‘Death Star’ has been destroyed at the end of 'A New Hope' and the rebel pilots touch down back at base, listen carefully as Luke climbs down from his X-Wing and rushes to embrace Leia - he is so excited that he actually calls her 'Carrie'!
- In ‘Attack of the Clones’ there is a scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan enter the Outlander Club. If you pay good attention you see two familiar figures. One (on the left) is Anthony Daniels who has played C3PO in all the movies. The other one is Ahmed Best who played Jar Jar Binks.
- None of the ‘Star Wars’ films have credits at the beginning of them. For ‘Star Wars’ the Writers and Directors Guilds of America let it slide, but when Lucas did the same thing for ‘Empire Strikes Back’ the DGA fined Lucas for more than a quarter of a million dollars and tried to pull Empire from theatres. Because of this Lucas pulled out of the Guilds and it stopped Lucas from hiring his first choice of director for ‘Return of the Jedi’: Stephen Spielberg.
Did you know all these facts? We hope you have found out something new for yourself. Now, let’s move on to the main topic of our blog post.