Users may be very skeptical about the new website design release and judging the upcoming update by the Coming soon page is something they do… almost always.
So it means that picking a great looking Coming soon page is important, especially if your website users will have to look at it for a long period of time. It means that being creative is a key to success here and we decided to compile a list of cool Coming soon pages for you and your project.
After all, 'Coming Soon' pages are in fact teasers for what is due to come once a fabulous thing has been finished, plus it is a wonderful way to mark the presence early in the web creating a buzz about you before your fantastic new website even launched.
Rules for Coming Soon Pages
Here are some tips and key aspects you might want to consider putting on your Coming Soon page to design a good one:
- Give a brief company introduction or short overview of what’s coming, that’ll provide an essential insight on what the site-to-be is all about.
- Start developing your high-quality logo, brand, and attractive color scheme from the day one to embed them into the minds of your viewers before the final website is live.
- It would be better to offer some development news to keep your visitors updated about your upcoming project.
- Give your coming soon page a deadline to let the users know when you plan to update your website. Besides, you may display a cool countdown timer on your custom 'Coming Soon' page in case you know a specific date of the launch.
- Offer buttons and links to your social media profiles for following you up, plus you may as well provide the recent tweets or comments about your new website to generate hype.
- You may as well insert testimonials if you, for example, have some from beta testing of your website.
- Provide newsletter/mailing list sign-up form to let your visitors subscribe to your website and get notified when your site will be up and running.
- Include contact information mentioning your email and phone.
- Consider as well offering an RSS feed for your page, so when it is updated people subscribed to it will know.
- It would not be out of place to mention copyright notice and the usual legal stuff.
- Do not devoid your page of any funny content – share some unique and exciting stuff (vector graphics, gradient backgrounds, funny tag lines and fancy fonts) to give visitors a reason to pass on the link.
- Don’t forget about SEO – you could use keywords and proper meta tags to advance your search engine rankings.
Remember that through adhering to these guidelines and setting the definite expectations for the 'Coming Soon' page, it will help reduce the visitors’ frustration, confusion, and annoyance. To conclude, the main focus when designing your teaser 'Coming Soon' page is to engage your audience and force them to talk about you before you even launch!
Right now, let’s take a look at some cool and well-designed Coming Soon pages.