2017 Top Mobile Friendly WordPress Themes
- What You Should Know About Mobile Friendly Themes
- Review Of 5 Responsive WordPress Themes: Best For Your Website
What You Should Know About Mobile Friendly Themes
Prior to starting this review of responsive templates, we’ll take a closer look at the meaning of mobile-friendliness for WordPress themes. They have been developed to perform well on pocket devices. Mobile friendliness is first characterized by responsive design, which means the theme adapts its size to the display dimensions of the device on which it is opened. The next important feature making templates mobile-first is a font.
Classic fonts are not upgraded to be used on the modern web. They are only readable when used in Word documents or on the websites being viewed only on a device with the same screen size. Most of the WordPress flexible themes are available with so-called web-friendly fonts. Being enhanced for the modern web, the combination of classic and new style fonts looks pleasant on any scale. WP themes include support for Google Fonts which is a database of the most popular fonts that have been updated for the web.
Mobile first theme is also recognized as it uses less code, so it will be faster to load and there will be fewer chances of failure. And the last, but not least feature, is SEO optimization which is also important for mobile friendliness.
Review Of 5 Responsive WordPress Themes: Best For Your Website
Even though most templates are fully responsive, disappointingly not all of them are mobile friendly. We have gathered the best responsive themes that can be used on your WordPress webpage.
This is a multipurpose corporate theme best suited for the companies who intend to create a website. This template can be proud of an intuitively understandable interface, rapid response rate, responsive design and completely flexible appearance.
The other key features are the following:
- Visual Composer page builder to create extra layouts in addition to existing ones.
- Mobile first model enabling the site to look perfect on both smaller and larger screens.
- eCommerce pack for online store creation.
- Google Fonts integration.
- Jetimpex Dashboard.
- SEO optimization etc.
This is an Office WP theme designed to represent business services. It has been improved so that it can be viewed on mobile devices with no hassle. Multiple layout options bring impressive UX to your site.
You will also get the following features included with SharedSpace template:
- Drag-and-Drop page builder along with modules and presets library allowing you to take control over the design of your theme.
- Cherry Plugins to increase your website functionality.
- Fully responsive design.
- An Event Calendar to schedule your days, weeks and months.
- 15 topical images come as a pleasant bonus.
Being fully responsive and cross-browser compatible this template is one of the best to present university life. You will receive a template incorporating codeless web building which makes it attractive for those who have no specific skills. Among other features are the following:
- Bootstrap makes the site flexible and compatible with modern devices and browsers.
- SEO optimization complies with Google guidelines.
- A collection of integrated Google fonts.
This multipurpose WordPress theme has everything you want and even more: numerous predefined pages, child themes and built-in plugins enabling customization.
The other features are:
- 100+ layered PSD files capable of being edited in Photoshop.
- 7 homepage designs e.g. business, personal, blog, one-page, parallax, video or landing pages.
- Responsive design together with flexible texts and images.
- Installation Wizard plugin for installing files without using file manager.
- Background Video to attract your visitors’ attention.
- Font Icons.
- Google Analytics to detail how many users interact with your site.
- Social Integration for promoting your website through social networks.
- Google Fonts integration.
- SEO, mobile and Google friendliness and much more.
Another multipurpose template designed for corporate websites, shop owners, restaurants, hotels, creative sites, bloggers and many others. The theme is easy to use and requires no coding knowledge. Thanks to different plugins you can control your site’s content. Among other features are the following:
- Headers and footers diversity.
- Blog layouts.
- Mobile-friendly design enabling the website to fit any screen.
- Widgets and plugins for the crucial functionality of your site.
- Jetimpex Dashboard for upgrading and backing up your version of the template.
- Complies with WooCommerce and Ecwid eCommerce options.
- Google Fonts integration etc.
For those business and WordPress owners who have no coding skills yet have a limited budget, there are mobile plugins for website mobilization. Below is the list of the best:
The detailed description of each plugin is available and can be read on this blog post.
When choosing the theme for your WordPress webpage, make sure it is not just fully responsive. Almost all new templates are built to have a responsive design, yet not all of them are truly mobile friendly.
That being said, the search may prove frustrating, but if you find the one that works for you, your site functionality will be improved.