It would be wrong to state that maintaining a blog affects only a freelance designers’ business. Have you notice that blogging became an essential part of any company’s SEO campaign nowadays?
Carefully scanning each and every word of this article you’ll get the answer to the vital question: why blogging is so important for a freelance designer as well as many other professionals. We are not going to take your time and will start enumerating the possible reasons without any long introductions.
- Some users, including designers, think of a blog as their own magazine which allows highlighting news, people, issues, and items they want their audience to know.
- A blog is a kind of centralized location, where customers and peers can find the information they need at the moment.
- Freelance designers know how difficult is to get a good reputation in the field. And one of the main blogging benefits is that a blog is a tool for managing one's online reputation. We believe that currently a blog is the simplest way for an individual to forge a coherent digital persona. You have full control over your online appearance - your ideas, your skills and growth as a professional.
Nevertheless, please note that there is an opinion that blogging is not for everyone. We will explain why herein under.
Blogging requires its own mindset. It demands more focus than newer, similar technologies. Many freelancers consider social media and sites like Quora easier for dashing off. But it’s not the same as blog is a personal publication. It characterizes you from professional side much better.
In truth, blogging takes persistence. If won’t make sense when you post every fortnight only. Blogging is highly personal. Even if you try to limit posts to professional topics, it’s impossible to foresee where the discussion will lead. A good blog is always provocative and encourages one-on-one interaction with readers, so you can’t afford to be spineless, be ready to defend your ideas and gain respect.
Despite the above said, the game is worth the candle. Blogging is incredibly valuable for a variety of people who managed to benefited personally, professionally, and financially from it. Ask us if we recommend blogging to you and we will answer that it’s out of question.
- Blogging enables you to reach billions of people that use Internet. It can help you promote yourself and your business of course. Blogging attracts the audience because it provides something of value before asking for anything in return. Great deal, yea?
- Having a blog and writing about essential topics that are relevant to your audience establishes yourself as an authority in the niche. It enhances your professional image. A blog is like a beautifully designed business card that stirs trust in customers’ minds.
- Blogging can convert traffic into leads and leads into customers as users read your info, get interested (benefit from the info they read) and engaged at the result.
- Blogging can lead to other business/traffic generating opportunities. Lots of people find freelance designers through their blogs. In fact, blogging enables anyone with something interesting or valuable to say to be identified as an expert.
- Blogging makes you study, research and then articulate your thoughts and knowledge. Actually, writing helps your drill your professional skills and organize your thoughts without even taking notice of that.
- Blogging lets to tell your story the way you want to tell it without being dependent on somebody’s subjective judgment. When you are writing about the topic of your own interest, you can decide how to portray a story, what information to include, and what information is unworthy. This way you can be sure that all content on your blog is based on facts.
- Maybe this will sound a little strange, but blogging sometimes help people meet personally. The audience you attract through blogging doesn't have to just be your "audience." They can become your friends, colleagues, partners, or even lovers.
- Did you know that according to "the 1 percent rule," only 1 percent of Internet users actively create new content, while the other 99 percent of the participants simply view it? What group would you prefer to belong to? Blog and be different! It’s good for economy.
- We have already mentioned above that blogs are modern business cards; they can be new kinds of resumes as well. Blogging about the topic you would like to be viewed as an expert in can illustrate to readers, employers, and your network, that you are skilled and competent.
- If you have a blog with a lot of readers, there may be opportunities to monetize. In today's economical conditions, being diversified and having additional sources of income can be tremendously beneficial. Blogging can also be "passive". Here we mean the automated methods that are not directly correlated to the amount of time you put into it.
- Blogging gives you a platform to beta testing ground. A blog can be a great place to bounce your ideas against an unforgiving, but readily informed or entertained public.
- Blogs can not only provide high traffic, promote your brand but still stay fun.
- Blogs are honest. You can fake a resume. You can fake references. But it's pretty tough to fake a blog. Even if you steal your content, this clearly shows who you are.
- Every blog article is a good SEO opportunity. We guess this point doesn’t need further explanation.
- Google dictates its rules: the fresher content = the better website. Blog content is updated every day, so your website plays the game and gets the reward – good ranking in Google search.
But beware: blogging is rather addictive. Firstly you think that you don’t have time to blog and then you catch yourself on the thought that you don’t have time not to blog! Just kidding…
Let us finish our ode dedicated to blogging with a few killing website templates examples manufactured at TemplateMonster’s factory. 5 themes are not enough for the full picture? You always can feast your eyes upon thousands of them on our website.
* * *
Like to make people smile and raise their mood? Choose something like this cheerful airy theme and energize your visitors with positive emotions.
* * *
Trendy flat designs and huge fonts fans will love this incredible theme.
* * *
The combination of dark grey and soft red colors attracts and makes a deep impression on the user.
* * *
An interesting solution for the home page is a guarantee that the visitors will study your webside inside-out. The trick works like a new toy for a child.
* * *
The magic and luxury appeal of huge HD black and white photos makes this theme really irrisistable.
* * *
As you see a blog can do so much for you! Just stand for quality, be simple, informative, and friendly. You and your company will reap the benefits without fail. And please don’t forget about feedback! Please, let us know whether you agree or disagree with our statements. Maybe you have something to add to the list. We would be happy to hear from you!