In the first ever presentation of Cherry WordPress Themes, and in each subsequent blog post we’ve been talking about the update of the Cherry framework. Finally this moment has come, today we’d like to announce the date of this event - Monday, the 8th of April.
On this day you’ll get a notification in your admin panel that the update is ready to be installed. So don't miss your chance to get all the latest features of your favorite framework.
List of improvements:
- Localization. Cherry Framework Admin Panel was translated into three languages: Russian, German, and Spanish. The language is determined automatically depending on the language of WordPress engine.
- Generally there are more than 150 bug fixes and updates. Here is the list of major ones:
- fixed bug in Product categories page of custom post types;
- Pin it button in IE8 bug fixed;
- into Cherry Options added Font-style settings to tune typography;
- fixed bug with connecting of more than one google font;
- added Footer Setup Options into Menu Cherry Options;
- fixed bug with displaying shadows on devices with various resolutions;
- fixed bug in Main Menu in Nexus 7;
- added Google+ into social network widget;
- fixed bug where the right sidebar in the blog content overlaps in some resolutions;
- from now on website owners can add Breadcrumbs to any page.
- Updated Bootstrap to version 2.3.0 and some other scripts, i.e.,
- camera 1.3.3 => 1.3.4
- izotope 1.5.19 => 1.5.25
- prettyPhoto 3.1.4 => 3.1.5
- modernizr 2.0.6 => 2.6.2
- superfish 1.4.8 => 1.5.3
- Framework font base was supplemented with following fonts: Courgette, Julius Sans One, Roboto Condensed, Archivo Narrow.
- Some widgets and shortcodes were upgraded:
- added option that allows setting custom class for all shortcodes;
- added options into shortcode Post Cycle;
- fixed minor bugs in shortcodes and widgets;
Furthermore we are planning to add:
- TemplateMonster Shop into the admin panel that will feature latest news from TemplateMonster, WordPress and our latest themes;
- Shop Beginners Kit, that's a paid offer that will include support of most popular plugins WooCommerce and Jigoshop, using .xml file you’ll be able to upload packed products (that include name, image, price and all the other parameters) and content of the store, if you install the plugin onto the theme, you’ll have to do it manually;
- Also we’re planning to extend further the functionalities of Cherry Themes.
SPEAK UP! Share your opion about the update? Or name some features you'd like to see in the framework functionalities.