Hello everyone! Today we’d like to share with you a piece of interesting info. Today on June 6 we are going to release an update - Cherry Framework 2.0. Keep your eye on the notifications within your admin panels. And don't miss a chance to get all the latest and the tastiest features.
We’ve been developing this update since the early April and we hoping you’ll enjoy things we’ve prepared for you.
So what features we’ve included into the updated version?
TemplateMonster Shop – is a new page in the admin panel called ‘Cherry Store’, there you’ll be able to check out newly produced Cherry templates, news and links to the readme files, tutorials and docs.
Shop Beginners Kit is a set we’ve advertised earlier, that would be a paid offer allowing to create online stores based on the Cherry framework.
- Shop Beginners Kit. That is a set we’ve announced previously. That’s gonna be a paid offer (meaning you will have a fully functional online store integrated into WordPress theme, eCommerce software is based on the functionality of WooCommerce and Jigoshop plugins and you can pick one depending on your choice). Also you’ll find a set of basic content for them including test products and styles that will be taken from the child theme. Suchwise making sure that the shop will be compatible with any Cherry Theme.
- New options in the slider. From now on Cherry Themes will have the option of turning off the slider, or to pick either Camera or Accordion(kwicks) slider. Each slider will have its own options.
- Fixed the output of categories in custom post types. Lately these categories were not displayed there;
- Added option to manage meta data for the portfolio posts;
- Added option to manage post tags;
- Brought back an option category-include (category portfolio output with a nice layout);
- Change of operating options in Child themes aimed to increase functionality. Earlier Child theme options overlapped options of the framework. Now, these options will be merged into one, and if Child theme will not have some options, they will be borrowed from the framework.
- Minor bug were noted by QA and Coders, thus improving cross browser compatibility.
- Added Italian localization.
- Localization support, additionally translated some new texts in the themes and framework.
- Added stylization for Sticky post.
Now we’re developing the option to make a backup of the whole framework. This feature will find its place in the further update.
Here are some spoilers of features you will find in further upgrades:
- WP 3.6 Ready, working betas we found out that we need to rework post formats. Adding this option will depend on the release date.
- Bootstrap 3.0 Ready. Waiting for the release, though the date is yet unknown.
- Iconic fonts. Our designers are already using these fonts we’re planning to create shortcode for them, to make sure you’ll be able to use them easily.
- Forum Ready. Actually it will be bbpress ready, but we are looking for other options.
- Security plugin will save customer’s website from attacks.
- BuddyPress Ready.
- Planning to change the principle of formation of slides, to make it more convenient.
- Planning to add new sliders, widgets and options.
- Planning to make themes SEO-ready.
- Google Calendar Ready.
SPEAK UP! We can proudly say that for the last couple months Cherry WordPress Themes became most favorite ones of the TemplateMonster's team. Would be so kind to share your opinion about the framework and themes in general. We'd like to know if there is anything that seems to be frustrating or misleading. Share your thoughts in the comments.