Probably you were still enjoying the new features of Cherry 2.0 Update, but we are already ready to roll out the upgrade 2.1. Expect the Cherry Framework 2.1 update notification to light up in your admin panel.
The update is already ready, so wait for it to be delivered to you starting from today.
We also have cool office powerpoint themes inspiration ideas. Use any to your benefit.
And now let's have a look at the upgrades and new features you will find in the version 2.1:
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.5.2;
- Added Data Management page, there you can make a backup of the Cherry framework and themes you have installed, also you can download the backup file, upgrade the framework if the new version is ready to be installed (screenshot of the page below);
- WPML Plugin Ready;
- Added new Facebook Likebox widget, extended functionality of Recent Comments & VCard widgets;
- Added Video Preview shortcode, it plays video from youtube.com and vimeo.com;
- Added visibility options for widgets. For every widget you can choose the page of display, resolution or visibility/hidden option;
- Optimized Cherry Options, increased the work speed of Options menu in the admin panel;
- Replaced PrettyPhoto with Magnific Popup;
- Replaced some pictures with CSS and iconic fonts;
- Optimized images, added lazy load functionality. Images load only when you scroll the page to them. This feature can be found in Cherry Options, you can easily turn it on or off if needed;
- Moved script connecting tool to the footer to optimize the framework;
- Fixed errors found in the previous updates;
- Added compatibility with Better WP Security plugin;
- Added compatibility with BuddyPress plugin and forum plugins (bbpress, mingle-forum, forum-server).
SPEAK UP! Since Cherry WordPress Themes became most favorite among TemplateMonster's clients we are going to keep on improving and developing this product line to make sure you'll get the best and the most feature-rich website templates. Also don't forget to share your opinion about the framework and themes in general.
If you have any remarks and suggestions, feel free to express them in the comments below.