Today we are excited to introduce you to Cherry Projects – our brand new WordPress plugin designed to enhance your website with an ability to display your projects and achievements in a professional way.
With its help, you can organize your own portfolio, and make it more user-friendly, visually expressive and convenient to browse. Each project is a separate page, which can be tuned up in terms of contents, structure and look. For example, you can choose from 5 post types depending on the nature of your project: Standard, Audio, Video, Gallery or Image.
Installation and Settings
The installation of the Cherry Projects plugin also includes all the necessary prerequisites such as Cherry Framework, so you don’t have to install any additional modules yourself.
There are two ways of installing the plugin:
- You can either upload the .zip file in the Plugins > Add New tab of your WordPress dashboard;
- Search for the plugin and hit the ‘Install Now’ button;
- Or upload the folder with the plugin directly to your /wp-contents/plugins/.
It’s up to you. We recommend the first two ways, as they are simpler and more user-friendly.
After the activation, you will see a new ‘Projects’ tab in the sidebar menu of your dashboard.
You can fine-tune the plugin by visiting the Projects > Settings tab.
This is the basic option, which defines the overall look of your project listing page. You are offered a choice of 5 layouts: Grid, Masonry, Justified, Cascading Grid and List, each being pixel-perfect and 100% responsive.
Masonry, Justified and Cascading Grid layouts are intended mostly for creative portfolios, whereas Grid and List are perfect for corporate project pages.
Here you can choose the way your website will load new project previews: using a ‘View More’ button or seamless Ajax-powered pagination.
This plugin also supports Lazy Load effect, when new items load as you scroll the page down. In such a way you can implement mobile-friendly infinite scrolling listings and contribute to the usability of your website.
With the help of this option, you will be able to apply one of the available loading animations.
This option allows you to choose the hover effects for your listing page, offering Fade, Scale, and custom animation types.
This section combines various filtering settings, allowing you to:
- Enable or disable filters;
- Choose the filter type (by categories or tags);
- Choose categories and tags;
- Enable or disable the display order of projects;
- Choose between ascending and descending orders;
- Define the post format for your project pages. Choose ‘All’ if you want to include multiple post formats, e.g. Image, Audio, and Video. Each post type is situated in a separate tab and has its own set of options and fields.
- And more.
If your portfolio is extensive, you will surely appreciate these functions, as it will allow your visitors to quickly find what they are looking for.
Using sliders, you will be able to set the number of columns (for Grid and Masonry layouts), the number of posts per page, the margins and the fixed height (for the Justified layout).
Each of the listing layouts can be easily modified using an intuitive templating system. Each listing layout and post type is based on a template, which you can edit by changing the respective .TMPL file.
Examples of Implementation
This plugin is extremely flexible and can be used for a variety of websites. Take a look at the variations of its implementation in our themes. We have chosen 3 themes, where Cherry Project is represented in its entire splendor.
In this theme, the Cherry Projects plugin is represented as a photographer’s portfolio with a grid layout. The theme itself allows you to change the sidebar settings and modify its layout in many ways.
Builderry is a modern GPL WordPress theme for construction and architecture companies. It also leverages Cherry Projects to provide its users with a flexible tool for presenting their services to clients and partners.
Cherry Projects is a powerful WordPress plugin that can help you reach many of your goals – from setting up a business portfolio to organizing your gallery. Thanks to the ease of customization and impressive versatility, it will be useful for a broad range of business owners.
Download it for free on WordPress.org and, if you want to boost the functionality of your website even further, don’t hesitate to check out other original TM plugins: Cherry Real Estate, Cherry Team Members, Cherry Services and Cherry Sidebars.
1) Onpage SEO plugin to help you with SEO Optimization of your pages
2) Google Analytics plugin to track your visitors
3) Advanced editor for posts and pages to make editing easier
4) Image Optimizer to reduce sizes of your images for web without losing quality
5) Sitemap plugin to generate sitemap.xml for your website and automatically update it after any change you make (vital for search engines)
6) Plugin to change login page URL in order to secure it from hackers attacks
7) Plugin for customization of admin panel
We’ll install these plugins just for $79. This offer is already in your shopping cart! Check it now!