Nowadays, being seen on the Internet can mean everything for a business since it is important that its current and potential customers visit its website every day and in bigger numbers each time. This fact can determine whether a company becomes the most profitable in its field or just another that will not be remembered. There are a lot of ways to accomplish this important task, as many different marketing strategies are now being used by several companies in order to be exposed to more people at all times. One of the most popular methods in the world is the use of PPC campaigns. But, what exactly is a PPC campaign?
PPC means pay-per-click, and it is a marketing strategy in which a company pays a publisher business every time someone clicks on its ads and is directed to the website of the company. It is a procedure meant to take people to a specific business site, thus increasing the number of visitors it gets. It is the opposite method of earning visits in an organic way. When a person introduces keywords pertaining to a unique field – such as a service or a product – in search engines, a PPC campaign will use the space of the sponsored links to show the business that it is promoting.
This method is very useful for companies that work in very competitive fields where there are thousands of other business that offer the same products or services. A PPC campaign represents a great opportunity for a company to stand out from the rest. It is important to note that in order to have a successful PPC campaign, it must be adjusted to the market it’s aiming for. An excellent way to do that is by creating a device-specific PPC campaign. The idea behind this method is that every audience uses a different device in their own way, so it is necessary to rely on campaigns that will take advantage of each type of gadget. However, this method has its pros and cons, as does every other marketing strategy, which is why it is important to learn about them.
Pros of using a device-specific PPC campaign:
- The use of different devices has increased over the past few years and each one of them has its own audience. Desktop devices will be there forever, on the other hand, mobile devices gain new terrain each day, and they don’t show any signs of slowing down. In order to get the complete advantages of each one, it is necessary to check the statistics from an analytic tool to see which kind of device is being used the most to visit the business’s website and also the most popular time of day when the visits occur.
- Every audience has a different amount of time to do a specific search. For example, people who perform a search on their phones want to do it in a faster way than the people who do it on a desktop device, where they can spend more time browsing many websites. With that in mind, there are other new tools for performing a search such as the voice search feature, which makes a search completely different. Thus, it becomes necessary to create campaigns that are tailored to new mechanisms such as this one.
- A device-specific PPC campaign allows businesses to use their budget in a more efficient way because it assigns the exact amount of money needed to each of the campaigns according to the specific device and the outcomes that each one offers. It is a perfect way for businesses to get their money’s worth.
Cons of using a device-specific PPC campaign:
- Using a device-specific PPC campaign will demand a bigger effort and more work. The reason is simple, there are more actions to be checked and more numbers to be analyzed, so the investment needs to be bigger.
- The information received from the campaign gets distributed among all the devices that have been considered for the campaign. This means that the numbers are smaller, which makes decision-making more difficult, based on those statistics.
- Not all search engines offer the possibility of supporting a device-specific PPC campaign, which means that the campaigns must be separated according to each search engine. As a result, there is, even more, information to process, and it will demand more effort and a larger workforce.
- Even though Google affirms that it can be used for device-specific PPC campaigns, it doesn’t offer any kind of technical support service, which means that there will be features that will need to be created and/or fixed by the creators of the campaign in case they don’t work properly. Some apps or extensions may be necessary, as well as the old method of trial and error.
A device-specific PPC campaign has a lot of things to offer, and it is an excellent way of promoting any kind of business. With this method, it is almost guaranteed that a certain website will be visited by more people in a very short time than by using any other method that may not be as quick and that offers less potential visitors. There is a reason why device-specific PPC campaigns are one of the digital marketing strategies that have gained more popularity in recent times. Nowadays, it is almost impossible to not find a PPC campaign at some point when using a digital device to browse the Internet or log onto any social network.
However, it is essential to know a few things before starting to use this incredible strategy. For example, it is important to have all the information about it – such as the pros and cons, which can be read above – to then consider if it really is the resource that a certain business needs to become more popular. It is also important to find the right counseling on this method to see if it is possible to execute it in the right way and so there aren’t any negative consequences for the promoted business rather only positive results.