Table of Contents
- Ways to add social media icons to the website
- As images
- As icon fonts
- As WP widget
- Using WP plugin
- Adding social icons as images (PNG, SVG, EPS, etc.)
- Adding social icons as icon fonts
- Implementing icons using WP widget
- Adding social media icons with WP plugin
Need some cool data visualization ideas? PPT presentation slides will get the job done.
How the icons can be added to your website
There are multiple ways to add social media icons to your website:
- Add icons as images in the desired format - .png, .svg or .eps.
- Add them using icon fonts - FontAwesome, Glyphicons etc.
- Implement icons using WP widget.
- Add social media icons through WP plugin.
You can choose the one most suitable for you or try all of them.
Adding social icons as images (PNG, SVG, EPS, etc.)
If you are a designer, you can create or customize the icons yourself. But if you’re not, or just want to save some time, you can use many services where you’re able to choose the icon packs and download them. The most popular are:
Choose the icon pack which is most relevant to your requirements and download it.
Then upload the files to your media library and add them in the following way (for HTML websites):
And add some style to adjust the size and position of the icons:
Add the icons to your collection, download them and incorporate them into your code in the same way as the previous case.
You can find many free social icon packs here, too. Just find the style which is more to your liking, add them to your social block and enjoy increased popularity in social networks!
There’s a way to apply social icons as SVG images. Just look at the following examples to see how you can customize them:
Adding social icons as icon fonts
FontAwesome is probably the most popular icon font nowadays. It’s super easy to implement and use. Let’s look at an example.
- Add this code to your HTML:
- Add the styles to your style.css file (you can add your own, or use this example):
- And this is how it works:
Examples of implementation:
Another way is using Socicon icon font
- Go to the website:
- Choose the icons you need, and add the HTML code as in the following example:
- And apply some styles like the following:
- Click the demo to see it in use:
Implementing icons using WP widget
If your website is built on WordPress, there’s a great way to add a block with social icons using a WordPress widget. To cut a long story short, just watch this tutorial:
Adding social media icons with WP plugin
You can look through different plugins which could be useful in adding social accounts to your page here - WordPress Plugins for adding Social Media Icons.
Pay attention to Social Media Flying Icons | Floating Social Media Icon plugin by Accurax, the tool which saves you lot of time when adding the icon set to your website:
I hope this article was useful to you, and feel free to leave your comments concerning different ways of adding social icons!