Thanksgiving Day is the day when you can demonstrate how grateful you are for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Surely, you can be grateful any other day, but this very holiday demonstrates all the munificence one will be glad to discover. That’s why natural blessings are chosen to symbolize this holiday. We also want to present you a gift to make the celebration even more pleasant. We have an easy to follow tutorial how you can customize your layout to this very event.
So, let’s take the free website template we've published recently. It was Organic Food Free HTML5 Template - a rather suitable one for the purpose. Now we will add some Thanksgiving Day details to it with the help of Photoshop. Are you ready? Ok, let’s start then.
This is what you'll get when you come to 15th step of our Photoshop customization tutorial.
Start you Photoshops, Ladies and Gentlemen, and let's start.
1. First of all, I offer you to restyle the header as it's one of the most attracts parts of the template. Just several suitable details and it will look way different. Download this free image. As the picture is in the JPG format, we have to remove white background manually. Double click the layer thumbnail and press Ok.
2. Now, select white background with the help of Magic Wand Tool and press Delete.
3. We don’t need such big picture, just crop it. Select the area you are going to use for you work with the help of the Rectangular Marquee Tool. Now choose Edit and Crop in the menu.
4. Add the picture to the layout and resize it CTRL+T.
5. It's time to download one more suitable picture.
We need an image of the cone. Crop the rest of the picture and remove white background. The same manipulations as we did in the previous steps. Place the cone behind the name Organic Food. That's what we have at the moment.
6. Duplicate the layer and Flip it Horizontally.
7. Now press CTRL+T and place the cone a bit lower and set the angle.
8. One more useful link. Here we need to download lots of pretty icons, but we need only the maple leaf. Take it and place over the layout. Don’t forget to resize the picture CTRL+T .
9. Write Give Thanks with Type Tool. Color #ba2a29. Dancing Script Font ( 30, regular).
10. Change your menu colors into #ed892d for active position and #fae0c7 for others. Just press your text layout thumbnail two times and press Alt + Backspace.
11. Change the color of the titles into #ed892d. Thus our layout will look as a unity.
12. The same mapple leaf will be used to decorate our footer. Duplicate the layer two times. Press CTRL+T to set the angle.
13. Now we need to add some leaves to decorate the content part. This step will be a bit longer than you thought, because we've modified the leaf a little. The problem is that those thin leaf veins can be lost during all the manipulations. If you think it makes nothing, let it be. But I tried to keep them. So, I duplicated the maple leaf, created new layer and drew them with Brush Tool (2px) color #b71200 and (1px) the same color (there are some veins which are thinner than the rest and need more delicate approach). As the new layer is transparent, you can follow the lines of the leaf veins you can see distinctly. Now blur them a bit with the help of the Smudge Tool. Press the thumbnail of your leaf layer and the thumbnail of your leaf veins layer keeping CTRL. Press G. Your layers are grouped.
14.Duplicate your group 2 times. Two leaves will have the same color (initial one), others - #ef3623, and #becc8c. Leaves left without color changes need to be placed and resized (CTRL+T ). Make opacity 9%.
15. Now change the leaf color of other leaves Shift + Alt + Backspace. Resize the leaves and place over the constant part of the background.
16. Make opacity of the leaf layer 9%, the opacity of the leaf veins layer 3%.
That's it! Now you are ready to celebrate Thanksgiving Day. Hopefully you came across no difficulties and managed to get the desired result. Keep on studying and have a nice day. You can download the the source file (PSD) here.
That's it, we hope you enjoyed our tutorial. Stay with us.