The intricacies of starting a business on the web are well-known. Before launching, it is important to choose the platform that suits business needs. With the emerging colossus like WordPress and HTML that give each other a stiff competition, it becomes more strenuous to pick up the right one for spreading out an enthralling web presence. By no doubts, we can say that WordPress and HTML both individually hand out as an effective CMS. However, there are some aspects where a simple comparison can do the needful.
Let’s throw some light on both the CMS to help you make a better decision in the future:
What is WordPress?
Originally incepted as a blogging channel, WordPress is now an extremely evolved CMS that comes with simple featured to get started. It offers some excellent benefits that allow developers to create both static and regular blog posts. It is a simplified version of HTML available for non-techie users as well.
The user interface designed is very simple, clean and user-friendly that even a non-technical user can also learn to navigate it without any special knowledge. It is very easy to edit and post in WordPress without worrying about the coding. Empowering 25% of the websites on the web, WordPress is an open source CMS that comes free of cost.
- As referred above, WordPress is a dynamic platform. It was initially launched as a blogging platform but has evolved gradually with plugins, themes, and templates. There are multiple types of websites that can be created with WordPress like the business directory, personal blog, affiliate, photography, personal blog, family blog, job board, business website and so on.
- WordPress offers complete control to amend any kind of changes. Being beginner-friendly, it has enabled millions of technocrats as well as non-technocrats to start their own business. It features a large number of multimedia capabilities that allow uploading images, audio, video files and pdfs.
- In terms of design and features, WordPress is a customizable CMS.
- WordPress is a great CMS in terms of search engine optimization. Websites created using WordPress are known to perform outstandingly on search engines. It also has some fantastic plugins that can make your website friendlier with the search engine.
- WordPress is created on a technology that supports modern mobile devices. It also has a great support of responsive themes that are ready to go and allow a website to function uninterruptedly on smartphone or tablet.
- WordPress is easy to update for security. Plugins like BackupBuddy are great for opening up security holes. It is important to back up your site to prevent something that goes wrong.
The only disadvantage to WordPress is the maintenance. WordPress needs to be taken special care of when it comes to updating plugin, themes, and the entire system. Additionally, you can choose managed to host providers who will ensure that the security of your WordPress site is never compromised.
WordPress is easy but beginners will have to refer online tutorials and comprehensive materials to learn the functioning.
Now let’s get into the basics of HTML
Unlike WordPress, HTML always requires hiring proficient HTML developers to create websites. HTML based websites are not only fulfilling the requirements of small and growing business but also organizations that have varied requirements.
- Almost all the modern, as well as traditional browsers, support HTML. When compared to other programming languages, HTML is accessible on most of the browsers. A website that has been created using HTML is quite easy to get optimized.
- HTML is a developer-friendly language that is quite easy to understand and worked upon.
- HTML is again a search engine friendly language that makes it easier to create SEO compliant web pages and also provide maximum flexibility with minimum complications.
- Unlike WordPress, HTML does not require regular backups after the website is live. There is no reason to create a new backup without any changes made in the existing website.
- HTML based websites can run on a lower server with lesser resources. However, there are many hosting companies that give you support for both PHP and MySQL.
- HTML websites come with a significant speed advantage as compared to dynamic sites that make loading faster on the web.
The downside of using HTML is that it always requires professional assistance. A proficient developer needs to be hired for updating the site. HTML websites often end up being costlier than WordPress websites. For even a small change to be made on the website, the assistance from the developer is required.
How to decide to choose between HTML and WordPress
WordPress is a great option for adding content, blog or larger sections of content within the organization. However, HTML is a great choice for publishing an interactive web portal and also offers great value for your money is highly flexible and customizable.
With the use of WordPress, the entire process becomes quick and easy but you may lack some advanced features. It is always a good pick for small and mid-size businesses. HTML ranks ahead in terms of being advanced and is a great source of creating enterprise portals.
So, start evaluating your business goals and then decide an effective CMS.