Landing Page Documentation
Thank you for purchasing Landing Page. Within this manual we will show you how to manage a template, edit it, set up and create a ready-to-use website. We did our best to simplify this instruction and make it clear and easy to use.
What is Landing Page?
Before proceeding with Landing Page installation, you need to prepare. It is recommended to follow steps, listed below:
We recommend that you download all the required software to edit Landing Page. Software Required is listed at template preview page.
Technical requirements might differ depending on specific template, therefore we will list the most basic ones:
- First, you'll need proper unzipping software for password-protected sources_#########.zip package extracting. You may use WinZip 9+ (Windows) and Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac). This is a mandatory software.
- You might also require Adobe Photoshop (v. CS3 or higher). It is used for source .PSD file editing and is needful in case of graphic design changes performing or template images editing.
- You should also use code editor, i. e. Sublime Text, Notepad++, Atom, etc. for template file source code editing.
- For files uploading to server FTP manager will be also needed, like FileManager at your hosting control panel or desktop applications, such as Total Commander, FileZilla, CuteFTP, etc.
You can run index.html file directly from your site folder, but it won't let you explore all template functionality. You should upload template to hosting server in order to display a fully working website correctly.
In case you have existing server already, please check if it meets Landing Page requirements, listed at template preview page. For most templates PHP 5.4+ version is the only one required.
You may also install Landing Page to your computer locally by using localhost. In order to set up local server you may use WAMP, AppServ, MAMP or any similar software. All of them are installed same as regular application.
Feel free to check the following tutorials on how to set up local server:
- How to install AppServ web development environment
- How to install WAMP web development environment
- How to install XAMP web development environment
After template extracting you'll see the following files & folders structure:
- includes template's documentation files (on template editing and setup).
- main documentation file. You are reading it at the moment.
- includes template's sceenshots. They are not intended to be used at live site.
- includes template's page as .html file.
- includes .php script for contact form.
- includes all .css files, used in template.
- includes all images, used in .html files.
- includes template's source files.
- includes .psd Adobe Photoshop files.
- includes .scss SASS files, used in template.
- includes information on a password-protected "sources" folder.
Template's HTML and CSS files are semantically correct. However, some issues may appear while checking code via W3C service. It is related to CSS3 and HTML5 properties usage. We would like to provide you with the most user-friendly product of high quality, for this purpose it is required to implement latest rules, not yet adopted as standard. They are working totally cross-browser, just may be still not recognized as valid.