Congratulations on your purchase of the Shopify template! This documentation consists of several parts and describes the installation, creation and setting up an OpenCart website process.
We did our best to make this manual information to be presented in a simple, straightforward manner. For ease of reference, the text the manual provides has been restructured in different chapters, you can see in the left-side menu. You are able to navigate to any part of the documentation using the active content headers' links.
We recommend that you start reading the documentation at the first section.
What is Shopify platform?
Shopify is an online eCommerce platform for creating online stores. The system is SaaS-based (software as a service).
What is SaaS?
It is a model of providing services where the developer takes care of maintaining and administering the software, providing customers with the online application for temporary use. So, you do not need to look for hosting, to install and to configure the softwarethe developer does all this. You're getting a ready-made online shop in just a few clicks.
What is Shopify template?
Shopify template is a theme for your online store. You can easily change the appearance of your online shop by installing a new theme in a few easy steps. The template includes an archive with files that can be modified to your needs.
The theme package consists of several folders:
- contains the theme screenshots and the link to the theme Live Demo;
- contains images that were used in the theme;
- contains theme files;
- contains styles, scripts and the theme fonts;
- contains thee settings;
- the table of theme settings available under Theme Settings;
- the file is based on settings.html file, it is not desirable to edit it;
- contains the layout files;
- the main theme layout;
- contains the localization files and translated text files;
- contains the theme sections mark-up files;
- contains snippets and widgets used in the theme;
- contains the page templates (category page, product page, cart page, etc.).