VirtueMart 3 Documentation
Thank you for purchasing a Joomla template. This documentation consists of several parts and shows you the entire process of how to set up and administer a Joomla Web site from scratch. We did our best to make this manual as clear and easy to follow as possible.
What is Joomla CMS?
Joomla CMS is an open source solution for building rich content Web sites. It enables you to build Web sites and powerful on-line applications and requires almost no technical skills or knowledge to manage. Many aspects, including its ease of use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Learn More
What is a Joomla template?
A Joomla template is a skin for your Joomla CMS platform. In other words, you can easily change your Joomla Web site appearance installing a new template in a few easy steps. With all its simplicity a Joomla template is provided with all the necessary source files and you are free to edit or extend it the way you need.
What is VirtueMart 3.0?
VirtueMart is an Open Source E-Commerce solution (a component or a plug-in) for the Joomla! Content Management System.
It can be run as a Shopping Cart or in a Catalog mode. You need to install Joomla! first (as the "Framework") and then install & configure VirtueMart.Learn More
The template package you have downloaded consists of several folders. Let's see what each folder contains:
- contains documentation files.
- the main documentation file. You are right here :)
- contains the Joomla theme archive, quick install package and unzip script file.
- the theme archive. Contains all the theme files. Should be installed through Joomla extension manager .
- contains the complete Joomla installation package with engine files, theme and sample content (database dump, sample images).
- the file used to extract files from the fullpackage.zip when uploaded to the hosting server.
- contains the template screenshots.
- contains the template source files.
- the template Adobe Photoshop source files (.psd).
- contains the sample content files used to make your website appear as the template live demo. This folder content should be uploaded to your Joomla root directory.
- the database dump file. Contains the theme sample content.
- contains additional extensions provided with the theme.
- contains links where the template custom fonts can be downloaded.
- contains instructions on how to extract source files.