- Vendor products sales exceeded $400K.
- More than 1,100 vendor products.
- More than 1,000 registered vendors and 400 active contributors.
- All accomplished in 6 months.
Too good to be true? Meet the TemplateMonster Marketplace - our biggest success in 2017!
The Big Decision
At the end of 2016, our Chief Monster, David Braun, was holding a regular Monster Meeting with his management and marketing teams.
The numbers brought up during the meeting showed that TemplateMonster.com is growing steadily. That year, TM launched better products and earned more customer trust than ever before.
But still, everyone in that room knew that big changes were coming.
- We have half a million unique visitors per month and growing!
- Our staff designers recommend us to their friends. But we cannot employ them all!
- We receive hundreds of inquiries about how to become our partners. These designers are doing a great job; what can we offer them?
- There are great new products being made by independent designers at this very moment. How can we bring them closer to our customers?
- Are we ready to step back and give young people a chance in the digital product market?
- Do we have enough resources to manage and promote vendor products as thoroughly as we do our own?
There were just too many questions. As the team was answering them one by one, it became clear what 2017 would be all about - the marketplace.
We spent the first half of 2017 doing background work. By the end of the summer, TemplateMonster created new teams, revamped TM Customer Service, worked out new quality, pricing, and membership policies.
Everyone was full of enthusiasm, but the question still lingered: What if it doesn’t work out?
In August, everything was ready and we finally gave The Call.
The first few months were critical. There were designers who had been waiting for this invitation for years. They immediately responded and started selling.
But we were still wondering: What about those who never thought of becoming our partner before? Will new designers come?
And they did.
Six months after the launch, we were selling more than 1,100 vendor products. Now our most profitable categories are:
- Adobe Muse templates;
- Drupal templates;
- Unbounce templates;
- Powerpoint templates;
- Keynote templates;
By the end of 2017, more than 1,000 vendors joined TM Marketplace. 40% of them made more than $100K in sales.
We had to do something about it.
So, we had a big Monster Party!
It’s 2018 already, and we are not going to stop.
- A vendor with middle rating earns around $3K per month.
- Our contributors continue getting the best customer service possible. Each vendor has a Personal Advisor who handles all the administrative tasks for them.
- Every day, we are reaching new markets and making our current customers love us more. Our vendors join in our success.
- Our vendors earn up to 70% cut of any sale.
- There are absolutely no counter-arguments why you shouldn't join TM Marketplace as a vendor. Because who would want to join a marketplace that sells junk?
- Our quality review policy protects vendors’ best interests and does not leave them suspended for weeks.
- We accept both exclusive and non-exclusive products.
This year, we expect to be selling as many as 100,000 vendor products! Will your creations be among them?
- To stay informed about our results, subscribe to our MonsterPost blog updates.
- If you are already one of our vendors, be awesome and keep on making!
- If you want to join TM Marketplace or find out more about it, you are very welcome!
One more thing: we adore our vendors and spoil them with presents and cool contests:
And of course, leave your questions and comments below.
I'll answer them gladly!