Effective date May 25, 2018
Data protection is of a particularly high priority for the management of TemplateMonster.com. When the processing of your personal data is necessary and if there is no basis for such processing, we will obtain your consent.
Processing of personal data, including your name, address, email address, or phone number will always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with other data protection regulations applicable to TemplateMonster.com.
Via this data protection declaration, we are informing the general public of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use, and process. Furthermore, you are informed, by this data protection declaration, of the rights to which you are entitled.
As the data controller and data processor, TemplateMonster.com has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure complete protection of your personal data throughout the website. Since Internet-based data transmissions may have security gaps, absolute protection is not guaranteed. This is why every data subject is free to transfer personal data to us via all available means, e.g. by email or phone support.
IN THIS POLICY WE WILL EXPLAIN:
- What types of information does TemplateMonster collect?
- How do we collect personal information?
- What personal information do we collect about you from others?
- How does TemplateMonster use personal information?
- When do we disclose your personal information?
- Where do we transfer and/or store your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- How is your personal information kept secure?
- How can you access and manage your personal information?
- Marketing choices regarding your personal information.
- Public information and third party websites.
- Public information and third party websites.
- Children’s privacy.
- Contact information.
We collect certain information about visitors and users of our websites.
- Information that we obtain from vendors
Name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s), payment details (like information relating to your credit card), the responses you give to the surveys initiated for research purposes, and support queries.
This info is used to provide you with and/or improve our services; for example, paying commissions, verifying your identity, contacting you, providing you with advertising and marketing, and invoicing you. We are using this information to make sure that we comply with the legal requirements.
- Information that we obtain from buyers
Names, member names, email address, phone number, other contact details, information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including information about your browser, IP address, general location by your browser), responses to the surveys initiated for research purposes, payment details (like your credit card information ), transaction details, support queries, web analytics data and information that you provide when you fill in forms on our websites.
We may use this information to respond to your requests or correspondence, to provide customer service (or for statistical purposes), analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website, improve products/services, send technical notices/updates, security alerts, changes in policy notifications, administrative messages, so we are able to prevent fraud, breach of policies/terms, and threats or harm.
- Information that we obtain from our partners
Name, company name, website URL, phone number(s), address, business type, email address, and information from merchant processors like PayPal email address or ID etc. We use this information to work with you, confirm your identity, contact you, pay you and to screen for risk, fraud, or other similar types of issues, to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages
- Information that we obtain from website visitors
The device type and browser you are using, network connection, IP address, information about the cookies installed on your device, support queries, and web analytics data. Also, we may collect personal information submitted by you via any feature available on any of our websites.
- Information that we obtain from users who referred to chat support
Name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, chat transcript, and other personal information you provide to us during our chat. Pursuant to our ToS, we may request additional documentation from you during our chat to verify your identity or for support purposes.
- When you perform certain actions like register on our websites, buy/order items or services on our sites, subscribe to our newsletter, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication via any available option.
- We collect personal information automatically as you navigate through the sites or through a 3rd party when you use services associated with our sites.
- You may be asked to provide login details to your website or hosting account (server) in the event you ordered additional services from our partners like template installation, logo implementation, WordPress plugins installation, and so on. In this case, you may or may not provide login details to your website or hosting account, but please be advised that if you refuse to provide login details to our partners they won’t be able to perform the service you ordered.
Even though we’re collecting personal information directly from you, occasionally we may collect certain information about you from other sources.
- Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers (in order to process the transaction).
- Third party services like Google, Facebook, Twitter may provide us with certain information about you when you link/connect/log in to any third party provider. The amount of information may vary and can be or is controlled by that service provider or by you via privacy settings controls available in the account settings of that service provider.
- From third parties we may obtain demographic data, fraud detection information, combine it with the info we have about you, to confirm your identity, these can be identity verification services used for fraud warning purposes.
- Your information is used when we need to define your identity to ease processing of transactions happening on any of our websites, for example when you purchase items from our marketplace.
Other legitimate interests may include:
providing you with services described on any of our websites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our websites;
- providing support services;
- sharing with you company news and websites/services updates;
- checking your actions on our websites to identify potentially fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the websites;
- respond to your comments or queries on our websites, ask for your feedback or opinion via surveys;
- managing legal/operational affairs including risk management related to content and fraud matters;
- improving our products and services.
When you give us consent:
- to provide you with marketing information relating to products and services which may be of interest to you;
- For multiple purposes required by the law.
- For granting court of law, law enforcement authorities, government requests or any other occasions that may relate to investigations.
Your personal information may be accessed by:
- individuals who need it to perform their tasks and duties;
- third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it.
We may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following cases, when:
- the relevant customer has consented to the disclosure.
- it is needed for support purposes and/or licence validation/activation.
- subcontractors or service providers who assist us in a variety of possible ways. Subcontractors and/or services providers may transfer and access your personal information from other countries in which they have operations.
- It is required by the law either to protect our rights, or someone from injury, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Company.
TemplateMonster.com has its major manufacturing facility located in the USA, as well as a number of support/subsidiaries located in Ukraine and Japan.
The support companies only provide an internal supporting role to and for the benefit of TemplateMonster.com. This is executed based on your consent to this policy. To protect your information, we are working with subcontractors who can maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
Also, we may provide certain personal details to vendors of TemplateMonster.com marketplace so they are able to offer product support to their clients.
Your private information is kept on our servers as long as it is needed to provide you with our services and to be able to comply with the legal obligations.
If you don’t want us to store your personal information you have the right to get it erased, but in this case, we’ll have to close your TemplateMonster account.
In order to keep your information secure, we are applying certain organizational measures to protect it against any unauthorized or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction.
- We share and provide access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymized basis wherever possible.
- To store your information we are using secure servers.
- We verify the identity of all individuals who request access to private information before granting them access.
- We use SSL certificate encryption to protect the data transfer.
Make sure your information is safe and secure. We are not responsible if you try to circumvent privacy settings on our websites. In the event we give you the password to certain parts of our website you are responsible for keeping it safe. You must not share it with third parties especially comments or questions areas since these areas can be viewed by any user of our websites.
Due to obvious reasons, we are not able to control users’ actions on our websites. This is why you need to share your information in public areas of our websites wisely, as we cannot guarantee that your information will not be viewed by unauthorized parties.
All personal information that we collect about you is available in your account. You have the right to make all the necessary edits and corrections of any errors available in this data.
You can receive your personal information in a structured, machine-readable format, erase it, or restrict its processing, also you can object to the processing of your personal data based on a set of our legitimate interests, such as profiling for direct marketing, and cases where we have asked for your consent to process your data.
There are a number of situations when these rights can be limited, and there are a number of cases where we can retain your information after you withdraw your consent.
Cases where we may require your personal information to be compliant with legal or contractual obligations. If you do not provide us with such data we will not be able to manage relationships with you. In all other cases providing requested information can be optional.
If it happens that you have some unresolved concerns you have the right to complain to the data protection authorities. if you believe your privacy rights have been violated, please contact us at email@example.com
In the event we have your consent we will send you marketing materials that will include information about products, services or discounts that we feel might be of interest to you. If you decide not to receive such email notification you can easily opt-out using the unsubscribe option or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Another technology we are using is Web Beacons. It is a requirement to track your use of our website on occasions, like promotions or newsletter use. The data we collect via web beacons allow us to track the number of users who opened our newsletters. Also, web beacons help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.
Google, in turn, uses this data to evaluate user behavior in general, compile reports for site managers as well as providing data to services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may transfer various data to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
In no way will Google associate your IP address with any other data held by
Google. In the event you do not want to provide Google with the browsing
Google analytics opt-out
Google Analytics is explained under the following link www.google.com/analytics/ .
In addition to various endorsements, we’re displaying testimonials on our website. These are published only after receiving your consent, we post your testimonials specifying your name. If you want to delete or modify your existing testimonials feel free to contact us via email email@example.com
TemplateMonster.com offers users the option to leave individual comments on individual blog contributions on a blog, which is on the website of the controller. The information you add to your comments or publications can be read, collected or used by any visitor or user of our websites. Should you wish to remove some of your info from our blogs contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org . If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
Social media platforms and widgets
All TemplateMonster websites have social media features embedded, for example, Facebook “Like” button. These features, may collect your data like IP address or place a cookie in your browser in order to gather statistical information about your interactions with our websites. Social media features are hosted both on our website and servers of a specific social media network.
Apart from these features, we maintain profiles on major networks including Facebook, Twitter Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+. Please be advised that any information you submit on these networks in public areas, like comments, can be easily read, collected or stored by all users of these networks. We are not able to control actions of other users of these platforms, or actions of these platforms. Your activity with those features and/or platforms is governed by privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Links to other websites
The information controller shall process and store the personal data of the data subject only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as this is granted by the European legislator or other legislators in laws or regulations to which the controller is subject.
If the storage purpose isn’t applicable, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator or another competent legislator expires, the personal data will be blocked or erased.
All TemplateMonster websites, as well as blogs and services, are not intended to be used by children under 13 years old. No one under age 13 years old can provide personal information to or on our websites. We are not collecting information from children under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old you are not allowed to use any of our websites, buy products from our marketplace, comment on blog posts, social media posts or provide any personal information about yourself including your name, address, phone number and email. If we learn that you violated this term your account, as well as all information, will be deleted. If you believe that we may have some information provided by your child please contact us via email email@example.com .
Depending on the context of personal information you provide, TemplateMonster.com is both data controller and data processor of your personal information under this policy. TemplateMonster.com is a processor of personal information submitted to the services or collected through the services on behalf of or at the direction of subscribers.
ENGLISH VERSION CONTROLS
Non-English translations of this Policy are provided for convenience only. To avoid any conflicts in definitions the English version is the final arbiter.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
Art. 6(1) GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing operations for which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose.