The Magento eCommerce platform is an open source eCommerce web application that was launched in March 2008 and reached 450,000 downloads by September 2008, making it the fastest growing eCommerce platform on the Internet.
Magento provides lots of useful shop maintenance features, among which are site management, marketing and promotion tools, international support, useful payment, checkout and shipping features, customer service features and much more.
All templates we offer are provided with editable sources files and could be customized according to your needs.
- .PSD – source files for the template design. Could be modified with the Adobe Photoshop software;
- .XML – source files for the template dynamic layout. Could be modified with Adobe Dreamweaver or any HTML/XML editor;
- .PHTML – template core source files. Could be modified with Adobe Dreamweaver or any HTML/PHP editor;
- .CSS – template source cascading style sheet file. Could be modified with Adobe Dreamweaver or any HTML/CSS editor;
- .FLA – source flash document. Used to edit the flash animation used in the template. Could be modified with the Adobe Flash software. The fla file is available only if the template has flash animation included.
Required editing software
- Adobe Photoshop CS or later;
- Adobe Flash 8 or later;
- Adobe Dreamweaver 8 or later (or any php-editor);
You’ll also need specific software to extract the password protected source files:
- WinZip 9+ (Windows);
- Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac);
Hosting and server requirements
The template itself doesn’t have any specific hosting requirements. As the Magento template is a theme forMagento ecommerce solution your hosting should fit
Magento engine requirements
Template files structure
The templates are downloaded as a single .zip archive package. However each template file structure is different.
- “screenshots” – contains screenshots of the template.
- “theme##” – contains the Magento theme core files
- “app” – contains the Magento theme core files(.php, .xml, .phtml files);
- “skin” – contains the Magento theme design files (.css files, images, scripts etc).
- “sources” – contains source files
- “flash” – contains .FLA source file(s).[optional]
- “fonts” – contains all the fonts used in .PSD and .FLA files – True Type (.TTF), Adobe fonts (PFBPFM), or both.[optional]
- “psd” – contains Adobe Photoshop .PSD files.
Note: For security reasons the sources folder is in a zipped file and is password protected. To uncompress a password protected ZIP file you will need to have a zip file utility program installed and the correct password. As soon as the zip file begins to uncompress, you will be prompted to type in the password. The password is the ID number of your order. You can find it at your order details page or in the template delivery email.
Please, help us preserve the quality and uniqueness of our products by not uploading the sources folder either zipped or unzipped to the server.
These free sample templates will help you evaluate the quality of the product and test your skills before you purchase the item. Please, feel free to view and download it for free at the point of your education but please, note that there are specific conditions associated with using this sample template.