This tutorial will show you how to customize the post date format.
The date formatting is available through the WordPress admin panel. Go to Settings>General.
You have several default date formatting options:
However in case the default options are not suitable for your needs you are free to create the custom date output.
Select the Custom radio button and in the available filed input your date format.
You can learn more about the possible format option using the PHP manual, WordPress codex and the following table:
Here are some examples:
- F j, Y g:i a – November 6, 2010 12:50 am
- F j, Y – November 6, 2010
- g:i a – 12:50 am
- g:i:s a – 12:50:48 am
- l, F jS, Y – Saturday, November 6th, 2010
- Y/m/d \\a\\t g:i A – 2010/11/06 at 12:50 AM
- Y/m/d \\a\\t g:ia – 2010/11/06 at 12:50am
- Y/m/d g:i:s A – 2010/11/06 12:50:48 AM
- Y/m/d – 2010/11/06