- Web templates
- E-commerce Templates
- Loaded Commerce
- E-Commerce Comparison
- E-commerce Comparison: Payment and Shipping methods
- E-commerce templates compatibility table
- CMS & Blog Templates
- CMS Comparison
- CMS templates versions compatibility
- Facebook Templates
- Website Builders
How to install Magento frontend localization
June 17, 2011
This tutorial will show you how to install Magento frontend translations. By default Magento frontend is in English. Magento backend (the admin panel) has multiple languages included so you can select the necessary translation.
The available Magento translations could be downloaded from magentocommerce.com
- Open the localization pack you need and click the Get Extension Key button. Select the key and copy it.
- Open Magento admin panel and go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager
- Login to the connect manager. The login details are the same as for the admin panel itself.
- Paste the copied extension key into the Paste extension key to install field and click Install button.
If you want to have several languages available for your store you need to create several Magento store views. Single store view per language.
- Open Magento admin panel
- Go to system > Manage Stores
- Create new store views.
- Go to System > Configuration.
Now you need to define the store locale for each store view.
- In the Current Configuration Scope block select your store view.
- Open General menu item in the left column
- Open the Locale Options tab and in the Locale drop-down select your language.
Note: Be sure to clear the cache before trying to use your new language.