- Web templates
- E-commerce Templates
- Loaded Commerce
- E-Commerce Comparison
- E-commerce Comparison: Payment and Shipping methods
- E-commerce templates compatibility table
- CMS & Blog Templates
- CMS Comparison
- CMS templates versions compatibility
- Facebook Templates
- Website Builders
Joomla 1.5. Params.ini not writable
November 22, 2011
The goal of this tutorial is to instruct you on how to change the params.ini on your Joomla! 1.5 template to “writable”.
If after logging into the Joomla! 1.5 administrative backend, going to Extensions – >Template Manager and selecting you theme, you see a message like this:
Please do the following:
- Create an empty params.ini file in any text editor. The usual way to do this is to open your text editor, go to the top menu “File” and select “Save As”, then type params.ini into the “File name” field and save the file on your desktop.
- Connect to your FTP server and upload the params.ini to your Joomla theme folder (to the directory shown in the warning).
- Go back to Joomla! 1.5 administration backend, Extensions – >Template Manager -> your theme and check if the message now looks like this:
For more information, please play the demo below