- Web templates
- E-commerce Templates
- Loaded Commerce
- E-Commerce Comparison
- E-commerce Comparison: Payment and Shipping methods
- E-commerce templates compatibility table
- CMS & Blog Templates
- CMS Comparison
- CMS templates versions compatibility
- Facebook Templates
- Website Builders
PrestaShop 1.5.x. How to move your website from one domain to another
April 10, 2013
This tutorial will show you how to move your PrestaShop 1.5.x website from one domain to another.
1. Login to your PrestaShop admin panel on domain you are moving from (olddomain.com)
2. Navigate to Preferences -> Maintenance and put your shop in maintenance mode to avoid loosing new customers or orders while moving the data.
3. Navigate to Preferences -> SEO & URLs and scroll down to Set shop URL section.
There please change Shop domain and SSL domain to your new domain (newdomain.com).
Update Base URI if it is different on your new domain.
4. Download all PrestaShop files and folders to your computer.
5. Login to your phpMyAdmin and create a backup/dump of the database you are using for your PrestaShop.
6. Create database on your new domain (newdomain.com) and import database backup/dump from your (olddomain.com)
7. Edit /config/settings.inc.php file which you have downloaded to your computer.
There you should update the settings for the new database server (with your own settings instead of the examples here):
define('_DB_SERVER_', 'your.sqlhost.name.com'); define('_DB_NAME_', 'database_name'); define('_DB_USER_', 'database_user'); define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'database_pswd');
8. Upload all the PrestaShop files and folders to your new domain (newdomain.com) via FTP.
9. Remove all the files except index.php in /cache/smarty/compile and /cache/smarty/cache folders on your new domain (newdomain.com)
10. Login to your PrestaShop admin panel on new domain (newdomain.com) and check if it is working properly.
11. In your PrestaShop admin panel navigate to Preferences -> Maintenance and put your site online.
12. Check that all the links are functioning, that all your products, images, modules and themes are still there, and try to create a new account and place an order to make sure your shop is working as expected.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below: