Our Support team is ready to present a new tutorial that will become an indispensable guide in how to manage coupons. This tutorial shows how to manage coupons.WooCommerce. How to manage coupons
Coupons can be managed from the WooCommerce -> Coupons page.
From there you will see the list of existing coupons, or have the option of setting up a new coupon.
To set up, go to WooCommerce -> Settings and select the option to Enable the use of coupons.
Adding a coupon
Upon adding a coupon you will be greeted with the following interface:
Coupons have several options which make them really powerful and flexible. The following options are available:
- Coupon code – The code which the user must enter to use the coupon.
- Discount type:
- Cart discount – A fixed total discount for the entire cart.
- Cart % discount – A percentage discount for the entire cart.
- Product discount – A fixed total discount for selected products only.
- Product % discount – A percentage discount for selected products only.
- Coupon amount – Fixed value or percentage off for this coupon.
- Individual use – Determines whether the customer can use multiple coupons at once, or just this one.
- Apply before tax – Lets you determine whether the coupon should be applied before or after the tax. Before tax is the most common setting. The calculation is as follows:
- Prices include tax – Take the price (inc tax) and take off the discount, THEN calculate the tax backwards.
- Prices exclude tax – Take the price (ex tax) and take off the discount, THEN calculate the tax forwards.
- Enable free shipping – Enable this option if the ticket grants free shipping. The free shipping method needs setting up to require a coupon too.
- Minimum Amount – This field allows you to set the minimum subtotal needed to use the coupon. Note: The sum of the cart subtotal + tax is used to compare to this minimum amount.
- Product IDs – A list of product ID’s that the cart must contain for the coupon to be valid, or, for “Product Discounts”, which products are discounted.
- Exclude Product IDs – A list of product ID’s that the cart must not contain for the coupon to be valid, or, for “Product Discounts”, which products are not discounted.
- Usage limit – How many times a coupon can be used by all customers before becoming invalid.
- Expiry date – When a coupon should expire and no longer be enabled.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:WooCommerce. How to manage coupons