This tutorial will show you how to avoid the base URL field verification. When you are installing the Magento engine to your local server for testing purposes you may see the Base URL field verification message:
The easiest way to avoid the verification error is to change the Base URL field class.
- Open the browser development tool (for example Firebug for Mozilla Firefox)
- Select the Base URL field
- You can see the field class is – class=”required-entry validate-url input-text”
- Remove the validate-url class. As a result you should have: class=”required-entry input-text”
- Press Continue button at the bottom of the page to proceed to the next installation step.