- Web templates
- E-commerce Templates
- Loaded Commerce
- E-Commerce Comparison
- E-commerce Comparison: Payment and Shipping methods
- E-commerce templates compatibility table
- CMS & Blog Templates
- CMS Comparison
- CMS templates versions compatibility
- Facebook Templates
- Website Builders
osCommerce. How to work with slider
May 29, 2012
This tutorial shows how to edit Slider in OsCommerce templates
You can check how slider looks in the screenshot below.
1. Open admin section and go to Tools -> Banner Manager. You will see banners like Banner1 for slider. Please note that banner names can be different in your template.
2. Select banner and click on Edit button. Below you will see screenshot of banner settings:
3. Main configuration values for slider banner are Banner Title, Banner URL and Image fields.
4. Let’s change banner link. In order to get the link we should open product on our site and copy link from browser title. After that we should place link to Banner URL field in our banner.
5. In order to change slider image we need to replace original images with new images. We recommend you to keep the same dimensions and format of images. In our template slider images are located in /images/adds/ folder. There we should replace images like banner_slider_01.jpg etc.
5.1. In this template text is represented on slider image. In order to change text and keep the same effects we need to edit .psd file which is located in sources/psd folder. File should be edited with Adobe Photoshop software. You will need to edit text using Text tool and Save modified slice for Web. Detailed steps on how to change the text on slider image you can check in video tutorial. Below you can see modified slider image.
5.2. Replace original banner_slider_01.jp with modified one in /images/adds/ folder. Refresh home page. We have changed slider image.
Feel free to check the detailed video tutorial below:osCommerce. How to work with slider