20,102 stock footage videos
5 Best stock footage videos 2021
Stock Video Templates
Stock video is also known as video footage or b-roll. It is a fragment of video content, clip, or shot used to insert into video production. The stock video is not created specifically for said production, but rather as a separate piece and can be excerpted from other projects or archive photos.
Today, video footage is created with almost the only purpose — to sell the license to other creators to use in a larger production. This is the reason why authors deliver video templates with a more generic perspective to fit in different styles. This is what’s called footage videos.
On the TemplateMonster marketplace, we offer a whole lot of stock videos suited for different purposes. The templates are delivered by reliable and professional creators, so you can be sure of the product quality.
Stock Video Footage: Why to Use?
The stock video comes handy when you need to jazz up your video project regardless of its kind and purpose. Using video footage for a project can be a good idea at least for the following reasons.
- It is a time saver. Without a doubt, creating a movie requires much time to spend. But if you are to create short clips presenting your company’s services, you may want to take a shortcut. One of the video templates presented on TM marketplace will deliver footage of great quality, so creating a video clip will not take you eternity searching for actors, locations, equipment, and operators.
- It is a money saver. Not only does stock video footage save you much time, but it also can save you a budget. Hiring video professionals and actors adds to your spendings. If you are on a tight budget, stock video is your lifeline.
- It is your killer storyteller. Using stock video lets you structure your production, bridge the gap, and maintain the quality. Because the range of the available clips is huge, including panoramic shots, extreme closeups, or wide shots, you can pick the appropriate footage to tell your story better.
Footage Videos: Use Cases
Stock video use cases vary from short slips to large movie productions. Let’s take a closer look at the various applications.
- Stock footage is frequently used to integrate into news programs or television and movies. News programs sometimes leverage footage from their libraries, while television and movies have footage from previous installments and utilize it again. This approach keeps production costs down.
- Stock footage clips are popular in many broadcast shows, acting as the establishing shots of a certain city.
- Many commercials, including political or issue-oriented, also tend to use stock footage in their video content.
- When it comes to documentaries, stock video plays a significant role, allowing filmmakers to tell the story of historical events, document modern underwater archaeology activities, or complete content of natural history documentaries.
- Stock video is also known for its popularity among corporate players. The companies from the whole world prefer using stock footage for in-house meetings, conventions, seminars, and other corporate events.
Stock Videos FAQ
How to shoot stock video?
Before you start shooting your first stock video, decide on the niche you want to work in. When it comes to actual shooting, think about every shot and what idea it conveys. Make sure you shoot 4K even if you are to offer HD download — the clients prefer footage with high resolution. Start shooting in natural daylight, then get to top-notch lighting tools for night shooting. Avoid any processing other than basic fixes. And, finally, consider including people and filming from a variety of angles to make the footage more vivid.
How to sell stock video online?
First of all, you need to create a broad portfolio of stock video to meet the needs of a wider business audience, as you never really know what your clients are searching for. Entering the market with your video footage will also require you to think like a client when creating stock videos, update your stock video library regularly, and stick to the hot visual topics. The popular categories include emotions, architecture, backgrounds and abstract, business, healthy living, real estate, and people.
Where to sell stock video?
There are a plethora of platforms that allow selling stock video online. They include Getty and iStock, Shutterstock, Vimeo, VideoHive, and TemplateMonster marketplace.
Where to get stock video footage?
You are welcome to navigate through the TemplateMonster marketplace, where we have done all the hard work and put together thousands of great-quality digital products. In addition to vector graphics, icons, fonts, plugins, and website themes, you can also get access to stock assets, like video. Filter them by settings to find the appropriate template.
Where to find free video stock?
There are many sites, including Motion Array and other marketplaces, that offer stock videos free of charge. Navigate to any of the search engines of common use and enter ‘free stock videos’ or ‘free video footage’ into the search line to get multiple options to choose from.
5 Best Stock Video Templates
- Leaving Everything and Walking Away is a Steadicam shot showing a woman who’s dropped everything and gone away. It will be a great solution for dramatic films or to highlight the feelings of the character.
- Lounge with Passengers is a Dolly shot presenting people walking or relaxing while waiting for their flight at Vnukovo airport.
- Daily Driving in Winter City tells a short story about a man who is driving the car while there is snowy weather outside and mess on roads.
- Mother and Son Playing Game is an emotional and kind stock video about how mom spends time with her child while being on the road.
- Viewers in Dark Cinema Hall shot shows people sitting in the cinema and looking at the blank screen. The video footage could work as an intro to a movie or so.